Looking for a super-quick, no fuss, delicious dessert? Looking for something that can easily be made and served to friends or family? Looking for the perfect sweet thing to serve for breakfast? Don’t know how to bake but want to impress people that you have made something from scratch? Well people you’ve found it right here. This recipe is beyond simple. This literally took me 5 minutes to throw together and I was so pleasantly surprised how tasty this was. It was delicate and flavorful without being very sweet. It would be perfect if you have to whip something together quick for company, it’s great for breakfast, it’s great for afternoon tea (if that’s what your into), or even a potluck. So get out there, grab a quart of applesauce and get this cake in the oven!
Of course this is an amazing recipe, my Grammy gave it to me. She has been making this for years. She mailed me it once in a letter and I’ve had my eye on it for quite awhile. She says that it’s great for when you don’t have much time to do any prep work and you have company coming. There’s nothing better than having something homemade to serve your guests. It’s perfect with a pot of coffee or a cup of tea, and this recipe could easily be adapted to your likes. You could add some more sugar to the top to make it sweeter, you could use sweeter applesauce, you could use applesauce that you have made, you could use any of those different types of applesauce that they now have on the market. Just a little bit of advice, if you have a pastry cutter it makes this so much easy to combine the ingredients.
Well from my family to yours, I hope you enjoy this cake. It really was impressive how quick and easy it was. If you do make it please share pictures! Also you can like us on Facebook, rate our recipes below and even pin them! Happy baking.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks of butter or margarine
- 1 quart lightly sweetened applesauce
- ground cinnamon
- powdered sugar, for dusting, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and butter together until it's crumbly. Put half the mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan and press down lightly with a spoon. Spread the apple sauce over top and then add the other half of the mixture on top of that. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 1 hour. Once cool, you can sprinkle powdered sugar if desired.